ODD FACTS 1
1. A rat can last longer without water
than a camel.
2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it
3. The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh
champagne will bounce up and down
continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate. I
think I know some people like
6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
7. A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2 by 3-1/2.
the chariot scene in "Ben Hur", a small red car can be seen in the
9. On average,
12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear
metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were
made of wood.
The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in
a game of chess
13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and
14. The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan". There was never a
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II
the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly
go mad and sting itself to death.
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually
had to s-l-o-w film down so you
could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the
original name for butterfly was flutterby.
20. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which
stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for
automobiles. At that
time, the most known player on the market was Victrola,
so they called themselves Motorola.
22. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
23. By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back,
you cannot sink
24. Celery has negative calories. It takes more
calories to eat a piece of
celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike
gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said "Elementary, my dear Watson".
An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to
take more than 3 steps
backwards while dancing.
29. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
30. The Guinness Book of Records
holds the record for being the book most
often stolen from Public Libraries.
Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space
because passing wind in
a spacesuit damages them. Not to mention the other
drawback to farting in such a confined
32. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!!